Current Location
    Pakistan
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Membership Pakistan Physiotherapy Society

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Here are forms for membership of Pakistan Physiotherapy Society. Membership of Pakistan Physiotherapy Society is necessary for accredition as Physiotherapist in Pakistan. So any body who want to become a member may dowload the form attached with this post.

Similar Threads:
    Membership Pakistan Physiotherapy Society Attached Images

JawadPt

Re: Membership Pakistan Physiotherapy Society

i think there is no use of getting MPPS (pakistani physiotherapy society)registration.
    becoz
    it is not registered with wcpt.
    it is not accridated internationally.
    it is not doing anything for physiotherapists.

now physiotherapy colleges/universities are giving their students a letter that they need no MPPS registration for jobs.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Pakistan
    Current Location
    Pakistan
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I think that is an old story. Pakistan Physiotherapy Society is an old Professional body that has been representing the Pakistani Physiotherapists for many years. Whenever you apply for foreign resitration overseas, you have to show your authenticity as a physiotherapist by showing its registration. So the question how active it is? I think it is very active and doing its all job efficiently in Karachi. if you are in Karachi, you will ba aware of its activities. Although for Pakistani Physiotherapist Government has imposed no restriction to do the practice as a physiotherapist because Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy is sufficient to do the practice and be recognized as a physiotherapist. It is due to the reason that there is no board or council in the country at the moment that restricts the graduate physiotherapist to do the practice. Government also have not made any laws that impose restriction on a graduate physiotherapists in Pakistan. However, Pakistan Physiotherapy Society is the oldest organization of Physiotherapists that is representing Physiotherpists at national and international level just like CSP or other Physiotherapy associations in the world.

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Seems an interesting point. I suppose we should try to support developing associations and the WCPT is very good at that. Perhaps the PPS should consider asking them for guidence on how to form the basic structure to ensure a complete set of requirements that would let the association grow for the good of physiotherapists throughout Pakistan.

I think it's great to have National Associations. Some work really well in the early year and then lose direction only to be bumped back on course by a change of command of a mutiny by the members. Like with governments this is an important option that physiotherapists should maintain. i.e. The right to be a physiotherapists and be registered by a registration board yet also that the registration board is not part of that association and that one should not be required to be a member if one does not wish to.

We have seen both a change of command following user mutiny in the recent past in Australia and now the association is back bigger and stronger than ever and this is really good to see. Only time will tell if this might also happen with the CSP as the budget shortfalls appear to be again even more than predicted loses this year as noted in one of their recent magazines!! But for now the usual first step scenario of putting up the membership fees is going to try to fill the gap. This can only be a temporary injection of funds for what is a much greater problem. I fear a change in command might be around the corner.

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Pakistan
    Current Location
    Pakistan
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

The Pakistan Physiotherapy Society was previously a member of WCPT. Unfortunately, its membership was suspended in 1998 after an extended period with no communication from the Society and non-payment of the membership subscription. The reason is that Pakistan Physiotherapy charges very small fee from its members and international membership requires a large sum of money. Any how one may read about this issue on the site of World confedration of Physiotherapy forum. Have a look over the link.

Physiotherapy in Pakistan

For JawadPt
    now physiotherapy colleges/universities are giving their students a letter that they need no MPPS registration for jobs.
    There are many who are confused over the role of council or Board and the role of Physiotherapy societies or associations. Let me explain as many of us know that Only a Physiotherapy board or a Physiotherapy council is responsible for professional licensure registration to be recognized to work as a Physiotherapist in a country. The role of Physiotherapy Societies or associations is to represent the activities and developments of Physiotherapy profession both internationally and national level in a country where one practice. So we have to understand that difference. Thanks.

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by sdkashif View Post
    The Pakistan Physiotherapy Society was previously a member of WCPT. Unfortunately, its membership was suspended in 1998 after an extended period with no communication from the Society and non-payment of the membership subscription.
    The non-payment of fees is pretty bad considering WCPT only ask even now for about $1-$1.50 per member of you association for membership. I think it would be a great step forward if the current board were to look at the situation and try to find a way to rejoin the WCPT. This will assist Pakistan develop their physiotherapy association in numerous ways.

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

JawadPt

MPPS is charging minimum 1000 rs(16.6 dollars) from single person and they cant even pay 60-90 rs(1-1.50 dollar) to Wcpt.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Pakistan
    Current Location
    Pakistan
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I also support that the reunion of Pakistan Physiotherapy Society and World Confedration of Physiotherapy be established again. I think that the authorities there in Pakistan physiotherapy Society should take all the measures in this regard.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Pakistan
    Current Location
    LAHORE, PAKISTAN
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    after filling up the form....on which address this form for membership should be posted...please kindly specify the address on which this form should be submitted, mail or posted to get full/life membership of pakistan physiotheraphy society, Karachi. and also please kindly tell the fees for it...and the medium to submit the registration fees