Current Location
    Portsmouth
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Pain in Upper inner thigh and groin area

Taping
    I can only assume this is a sports themed injury as it is at its worse after playing sports and first started after play sports.

The main sports I play at the moment are football and extreme mountbike riding (trails and jumps). As the subject suggests, the pain is in the area between the groin and inner thigh. It only occurs on one side.

The strange this is it is worse when I stand up after sitting for a period of time, particularly after driving. After a few minutes of moving about, the pain seems to go away although I can still feel a dull sensation in the area. Once the pain has gone, I can then carry on playing sports.

I am currently sat down but when I get up in a minute to go and have some lunch, it will start hurting again. By the time I get to my car, it will of gone.

I often pick injuries due to my hobbies but this I am not sure what this is as the symptoms are most unusual. I would like to know what it is and can it be fixed by resting etc.? or is it something more sinister?

Similar Threads:

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Pain in Upper inner thigh and groin area

Sounds like something referring from either the low back area or perhaps also the lower abdomen. This may or may not be related to a pelvic malalignmet. I'd definitely suggest at least a one off assessment with either a Physio, Osteopath or Chiropractor. Good practitioners from either field should be able to give you a diagnosis and a treatment plan.

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Portsmouth
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thanks for the response. I will arrange an appointment with someone and then come back my results.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Do any of these trigger point referral patterns fit your patterns? Or a combination of them? (There's never usually just one trigger point.)
    Iliopsoas.
    Adductor magnus.
    Sartorius.
    Pectineus.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Ireland
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Groin Strain
    I’m 52 years old,
    I injured my groin pectineus tendon while hiking 7 months ago. It was a relatively minor injury. I barely noticed it when it occurred.
    Despite getting good physio (variety of strengthening, stretching exercises) and acupuncture on several occasions the injury has not gone away.
    In fact, almost all of the exercises I’ve tried tend to aggravate the pain to some degree or other.
    And irrespective of how much or how little exercise I do, it does not seem to heal.
    I’m getting worried that this may become a chronic condition.
    I did try 3-4 weeks of complete rest on one occasion, largely staying indoors. And though it was without pain after the weeks of rest, the pain returned once I started walking on it again.
    Can you give me advice.
    Dan