UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Job Advice - Rotational Vs Research

Taping
    Hi all,

I'm hoping maybe you can help with a dilemma i have. Basically i am a newly qualified physio who fortunately has to decide between 2 job offers. The first is a 6 month rotational post at an acute hospital for which i would have to relocate. The 2nd is a research physio post, again 6 month contract but in the location i want to be in. Clinically i would be running exercise classes for patients with dementia & alongside that research bits and pieces. If i took the research post, would this reduce my chance at being able to obtain a future rotational post do you think? Or do you think it is stupid to take this post and that the rotational post is best? The research post is through Oxford University and NDORMS so i saw this as a unique opportunity which may not come up again, in the location where my life is but on the other hand i wanted to go into a rotational post once i qualified.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts or opinions. Also if there are any people out there who are involved in recruitment, would you see this as a positive experience for someone applying to a rotational post.

Many thanks