Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Shoulder - Anterior - Right

Right Shoulder Pain - RSI From Computer

Taping
    I have had on and off pain in my right shoulder for many years. It's a burning pain that feels like it's inside the shoulder.

I have to use a computer mouse & keyboard intensively for my job as a software tester. I believe this is the main cause ; I had about 2 years away from the job and found the problem disappeared during this time.

I try very hard to keep my workstation setup in an ergonomic way. I managed to switch mouse arm/hand a few months ago which seemed to help a lot.

However, after lifting some heavy patio slabs a few months ago (silly me), the pain has been really bad. I love jogging for keeping fit and boosting my mood, but this activity also seems to aggravate the pain.

After a lot of the above activities, in conjunction with the burning pain, I seem to get a kind of spasm in the shoulder where I have a strong urge to stretch it, then it starts making clunking noises.

I have seen a few physiotherapists about the problem. They gave me some exercises to do, but these never seemed to help much.

The most helpful thing I have found is to keep the arm in this position for extended periods ;

elevated arm sling.jpg

Can anyone explain what might be going on inside my shoulder, and any advice for things I can try that might help?