Current Location
    cairo
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

herniated disc and spondylolithesis

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Peace be upon you .. I hope I have a question answered fast .. I have a patient female 60-year-old complained of pain in her back due to a herniated disc and spondylolithesis .. very severe type of pain requires them to carry out the process (operative) in next week .. trumpeted me 5 sessions did not improve, but the pain is increased and she can't move.. Of course, forbidden by the exercises .. But using ultrasound and shortwave, IF, HP did not improve .. Is there any change in parameter of electro as general

Similar Threads:

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: herniated disc and spondylolithesis

I just added the following comments on another post and they are just a relevant here:

Perhaps you can also work on relieving exercises that assist flexion. This can assist a low grade spondylolithesis to reduce somewhat. Also if the general Lx and Tx are hypomobile then assisting those to get moving, whilst protecting the L4/L5 segment, will be of assistance to the patient. We all now that in this case the segment will not tolerate extension very well. But in fact the segments above still need to extend so that the amount of Ext on the L4/l5 is minisized. You can do all sorts of abdo exercises designed to maintain the lumbopelvic position whilst the other areas of the body move (e.g. Tx extension). So in other words think above and below the level to ask 'Is there something I can do here that will help minimize the forces on the problematic segment'.

And perhaps the last thing is that the vast majority of spondylo's are asymptomatic. Just because a client has one on x-ray doesn't always confirm that it is the cause of their symptoms

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Egypt
    Current Location
    cairo
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thank you, Mr.
    But for electro there is no need to change parameter ??

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

The Spondylolithesis is a boney alignment issue and therefore unless the result of an acute feacture does not alter your basic electrotherapy assumptions. They should look to the tissue you are trying to affect, the contraindications and the irritability in relation to the acute/chronic nature of the presentation. i.e. Think about the tissue you are trying to affect, why you are trying to affect it, is it really the issue and then put the usual parameters into place for that.

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter