Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

re:paediatric private work

Cerebral Palsy In Infancy
    is there anyone out there who is sucessfully making a living doing paeds privately? advice and comments gratefully received

Similar Threads:

perfphysio

re: re:paediatric private work

HI this is Richard in the UK. I am not sure of anyone over here doing a paeds private practice service in the physio profession. However I work with an osteopath who does extremely well out of treating kids. Also the chiro's are pretty clued in on private paeds work. I suppose the answer to your question might be that, No, there aren't many doing it privately. Hence I would see it as a great opportunity. Bets of luck

Richard

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I work as a consultant to a Private Hospital's Obstetric Unit and as such receive referrals for new babies with talipes, CDH and the like. I follow most of these patients up as outpatients but would like to expand this practise to treat more general outpatients when time allows.

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I have a developing paediatric private practice in the UK, but I find the referral rate and caseload very variable. There are two extemely successful paeds practices that I know of - one in High Wycombe and one in London

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I along with another physio provide physio to a nearby boarding school. there is enough work to justify us going in 4 afternoons a week.

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I am working in the Hills District of Sydney, Australia. Two days per week (6-10 clients) doing home/school based and rooms. Varied caseload, mostly developmental issues, CP and asymm. necks. You need some good community connections with Paediatricians and local health nurses. There is more out there if you hunt eg through preschools/schools for MCD type referrals.