View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Which muscles need stretching when ...

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    my lower back always rounds during:

- L-Sits
    - L-Hangs

and to a lesser degree (I can prevent it by actively bracing and flexing the erectors) on bent-knee-raises

I could tell a long story about my back issues, but I guess its not that important. My back rounds on these movements and in daily life, and it give me pain, which I'd like to prevent =)

thx in advance!

Similar Threads:

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Which muscles need stretching when ...

Well your movements seem pretty normal, well at least for the non-hypermobile out there. That said pain with restriction is different. All you are saying that that lumbar flexion in long sitting causes back discomfort. The doesn't mean muscle specifically need stretching or more appropriately releasing.

Your post is a pandora's box that can't really be answers without a physical assessment to find the structures involved. Are you really in Antartica like it says in your current profile?

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by physiobob View Post
    Well your movements seem pretty normal, well at least for the non-hypermobile out there. That said pain with restriction is different. All you are saying that that lumbar flexion in long sitting causes back discomfort. The doesn't mean muscle specifically need stretching or more appropriately releasing.

Your post is a pandora's box that can't really be answers without a physical assessment to find the structures involved. Are you really in Antartica like it says in your current profile?
    Like Bob Said...not enough info to provide you with any advice.

OPI

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    bangalore
    Member Type
    Occupational Therapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    the point is not much about stretching...from whatever you have said ...i gather that you are an active individual (but maybe you spend a lot of time infront of the comp or such ..this from your 'cyber space" comment!!!) but jokes apart...stretching all the muscles once a day preferably in the morning is a good idea. as for your back problem...need more info...i suggest you visit a nearby physio...he/she should be able to help you...