Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Help - leg pain at night affecting sleep

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hifficeffice" />>>
    Over the past couple of months I have been suffering from a really dull ache in my left leg which seems to be deep inside my leg. The pain only occurs after I have been in a bed for a couple of hours (it usually wakes me up about 2 a.m.) The pain happens every night and is and is worse after a heavy gym session (circuit training) or after playing soccer.>>
    > >
    My doctor told me I have Sciatica, which, after trolling the net, I now understand to be a catchall for a number of related problems. I do believe this is a problem with my Sciatic nerve however as I don’t have any significant lower back pain when the leg pain arrives so I am a bit confused. I do get a bit of an ache in my buttock which is I can also sometime feel during the day. >>
    > >
    I am a 46 yr old male and, although I have a desk job, I work out regularly (mainly cardio work outs) and am reasonable fit (I would say quite fit for my age). I am considering seeing a private physiotherapist or a Chiropractor however I don’t know which is best. I am currently controlling the pain the best I can by popping pain killers and anti-inflam’s at night which I want to avoid......>>
    > >
    Any advice would be gratefully received.... Steve>>
    do