Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Rotation of thorax

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi everyone.

I am a 27yr old male, and have had problems with posture pretty much forever. I have seen a chiropractor but am still having problems.

I have counterclockwise rotation of my thorax (right shoulder forward, left shoulder back), I think at least in part from habitual behaviour (I'm right handed). I also tried a stepping test (self test-so not accurate) and rotated about 45degrees.

I have tried doing various exercises/stretching and trying to change my behaviour patterns, but I am having alot of trouble fixing the issue.

I was hoping anyone could suggest some exercises for me to try or any tips on how to change my habitual behaviour.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Netherlands
    Current Location
    Holland
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Rotation of thorax

it does sound that you´re talking about something that is basically a posture problem. Physiotherapy probably won´t help to overcome this.
    Just stay aware of how your body is rotated and try to compensate it, if possible.

Maybe a piece of tape across your back will help to be aware of it!
    rotate your body in the neutral position and put a piece of tape across you back, from the left to the right. Everytime your going back to the `Wrong` position, you will notice it straight away!

good luck

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Sheffield
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Rotation of thorax

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    Physiotherapy will help if you see the right person. First understand why you rotate. It is probably related to sitting (? at a computer with your right arm forward on the mouse) and when you walk you will keep the same faulty movement pattern. ie right shoulder/thorax forward

Change these things and you should improve in 2-3 weeks. See a physio that wants to change how you move and makes sense. Don't look for exercises, but anaylse how you move and change this pattern.

Hallamshire Physiotherapy