General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Sprained wrist still hurts after 9 months

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi All!

I am in need of help.
    I fell on my wrist in january whilst snowboarding. I sprained it but it got better after about 3 weeks.

Then all of a sudden about 3 months ago it started really hurting again..... i couldnt(and still cant) put weight on it, and the small lump of bone ontop of the wrist that slightly sticks out(on the thumb side of the wrist) is agony when pressure is put on it.

I went to the docs about 3 weeks ago who said it was a sprain, i wasnt convinced so went back again and got an xray done. The xray came back fine so my doc says it is a sprain.

Ive rested it for well over two months and avoided puttin weight on it, ive also used ibruprofen gel on it. But the pain has got no better.

I leave for another winter season in 6 weeks......so can anyone offer me some advice?

Many thanks

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Nigeria
    Current Location
    Kent UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Sprained wrist still hurts after 9 months

might be recurrent carpal bone subluxation, wrist sprains can leave the ligaments lax causing excessive movement of the carpal bones, if it is it can be difficult to fully amend, try a physio...it may need resetting, strapping or splinting...combined with wrist exercises...

had a gentleman like that who kept complaining of wrist pain...on examination a lump ontop of the wrist that was moveable...

if the pain is unbearable...you may need to meet up with ur gp for pain control...

let us know how u get on

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Isle of Wight
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Sprained wrist still hurts after 9 months

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    Thanks for the advice!

I have been using a wrist supoort for the past few weeks, but im going to go back to the docs 2mo as it really doesnt feel like a sprain.

The told me last time it will go away.........but if it hasnt got better after 9 months then surely theres something going on in there?