Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Arizona, USA
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Smile Inner Thigh pain (cramp) from groin down to outside of same foot with sudden glucose loss to brain

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Last night I was lying on the floor and needed to get up. During this process I got a sudden TERRIBLE pain in my right thigh starting at the groin and continuing to my knee area. When I tried to stand on the leg and straighten it out, the leg simply collapsed. I was unable to straighten the knee myself. Suddenly in the midst of all this I got a "fainting/shock" reaction where my brain and hearing clouded over with profuse perspiration. It felt like a combination of a faint and a bad hypoglycemic attack. I had my husband bring me some jelly and a spoon and after a few minutes this feeling passed and my brain and hearing came back. I had my husband lift and straighten my knee/leg and turn my foot so that the heel was pointed out and my toes facing straight ahead. This seemed to help relieve the pain but the cramp did not subside. Finally, the cramp seemed to lessen and I was able to walk. But the pain and cramp came back when I sat in bed with my legs straight out. So I got up and stood on the leg and again the pain and cramp seemed to lessen. Lying in bed, it felt like it would cramp again for about 30 min. Finally I fell asleep but was awakened twice with the pain and cramp during the night. Each time I got out of bed and stood on the leg to lessen the pain and cramp. It feels like this cramp is connected to my lower back. When I touch my lower back on the right side by the spine below my waist, I have pain - sharp pain. Today, it feels sore every where. Can you help me figure out what happened, what muscles/tendons are involved and some idea how to avoid this in the future? Thank you very much.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Nigeria
    Current Location
    Kent UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Inner Thigh pain (cramp) from groin down to outside of same foot with sudden glucose loss to brain

dear queen2

my advice is to seek medical attention quickly, u need a good physical and medical attention...i wont worry about the pain in ur legs for now... I would worry about the other symptoms you mentioned...it might become serious the next time...

Those signs indicate vascular issues...i dont know how old you are...but I would suggest you make an appointment with your GP and demand a full examination...

Good luck

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Arizona, USA
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Inner Thigh pain (cramp) from groin down to outside of same foot with sudden glucose loss to brain

Thank you, I'll do that.............................................. .................................

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    Hi,
    Seek help immediately. You really to attend to a doctor.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,My grandfather is suffering from Parkinson's disease and even he gets these kinda cramps at night. He was so healthy before. Always went out in the morning for strolls and would go for meditation in the evening. He was the one who always went out for groceries and for paying bills. One day, he did not come back. We were all so worried and suddenly we got a call from the hospital saying that he fell down on the pavement and lost his consciousness. We rushed to see him and then the doctor told us that he is suffering from Parkinson's disease and that it is the just the initial stage. Slowly, he would find it difficult to walk and do his daily activities he said. So like the doctor said we started the medication and some exercises to control the symptoms. But how effective are these exercises and physiotherapy? The hospital has asked us to get physiotherapy treatment from a hospital in Richmond Hill. How much does this type of physiotherapy help? Will my grandfather be able to perform his daily chores like before after this therapy? Please share your knowledge and thoughts on this. I want my family to be fully prepared because we all love him so deeply and can't imagine him being bedridden.