Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Muscle Imbalances: Tight calves > Tight Hamstrings > Kyphosis?

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi,

New to the forum, looking for a bit of long over-due advice on my muscluar-skeletal system.

I've always had posture problems since I was around 11 years old (kyphosis, i think). They effects aren't as prominent as they used to be they've diminished somewhat over the years since I started working out in the gym and generally becoming more active.

However, I know they are still lurking and I'm looking for the correct exercises/stretches to to counteract the current following symptoms I'm experiencing to prevent any future problems:

• Tight Calves - suseptible to cramp when I exercise them
    • Tight Hamstrings - I am quite far off touching my toes
    • Posterior Pelvic Tilt - I can see effects in mirror
    • Feet bow - I think somehow a mixture of the above is causing my feet to be imbalanced slightly outward (I notice this when walking and my shoe heels wear down on the outside excessively)

I am aware that all of the above are probably caused by muscle imbalance and I'm looking for advice on how best to fix my full body posture.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Pete