Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Scotland
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 21, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 5 Months, Symptom Behaviour: Consistent, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): All times the same, Aggravating Factors:: playing sport/ running, Easing Factors:: nothing, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: no

The Patella Problem

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hello everyone

I was told I had fluid under the knee cap which caused my patella to hurt when running mostly when accelerating/decelerating and squatting etc. I took ibuprofen and used a cold compress to get rid of the inflammation. Now the pain I was feeling in my patella seems to move all around my patella and up the inner side of my knee cap and get less sore and then worse all at random.

I do physio every day, one legged squats, strech quads hamstrings itb and leg raises.

I have barely done anything but running about a mile in a month and it is not going away. every time I feel I'm making progress the pain just comes back.

What should I do?

Thanks

Gordon