Hi all
Yesterday I underwent a Right knee arthroscopy with a view to having an OATS procedure following my Microfracture procedure in 2011. They weren't able to perform the oats procedure as there was still some covering from the microfracture and to do it would have meant taking too much from the "good side" to put into the "bad side". They did the arthroscopy of course, something else (opening up the knee to have a look in detail which then required staples to close)

I had it under spinal block, which seemed to take forever to wear off. I was back on the ward at 12noon but not really able to mobilise until 5:30. Physiotherapy saw me earlier in the day and gave me advice sheet and just said I could mobilise with the nursing staff and then go home fully weight bearing.
I did manage to get up, and move around, and get dressed etc though I did need a wheelchair to get to the car some way away.

I now have two issues.
  1. I had the arthoscopy - and this "something else" where they opened me up and had a look and stapled me shut. They did tell me what this was when I was on the table - but I can't remember. Everyone on the ward (including physio) were only referring to the arthroscopy, and although it was written on the post op plan (which I happened to see) it's not been written on my doctors letter nor my fit note (set at 4 weeks). Does anyone know what it may have been?
  2. I can barely walk. I am FWB, wasn't given crutches or anything, just exercises. I have managed to do some of these, though I seem to have trouble straight leg raising (I can't do it) and bending fully (dressing isn't reduced until tomorrow).

Can anyone help with number 1, and offer me advice about number 2? I'm currently taking 60mg Codeine 4 times a day with paracetamol, as well as ibuprofen 400 3 times a day and amitriptyline 20mg at night. I'm only really getting pain relief when night time comes or when the leg is extended and I don't weight bear. I have been able to move it when straight and bend it to a point and put the towel under the knee and push down, and the towel under the ankle and push down.....