Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Ireland
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 29, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 1 year and a half, Symptom Behaviour: constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): during exercise, Aggravating Factors:: exercising, Easing Factors:: standing up straight, Investigations: picture is attached to the post, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, Medications: Symbacort, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Lumbar, Spine - Posterior

Lower Back Pain Upon Flexion

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hello,

I have been having lower back pain for over a year now. The issuse began 6 months after I started Crossfit (Never going back btw). It was a combination of deadlifts and squatting heavy weights. In crossfit they tell you to sit into the squat as far as possible, which caused rounding in my back.

Since then I experience pain when my back is flexed, picking up items of the ground etc During my day to day life this does not impact me too much, but my back tends to get sore after playing tennis, I play about 3 times a week.

When my back is flexed I feel a sharp pain in my lower right base of my spine. This has been persisitent for about a year and half. I have been to 2 physios and a Chiro but nothing has worked for me. I was told to do exercisies such as childs pose and bending my back while sitting a chair but these seem to irritate the issue. Please see MRI results below.

MRI.jpg