Flag of United States
    Current Location
    nyc
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 30, Female, Presenting Problem Since: 2 yrs, Symptom Behaviour: constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): doesn't seem to matter what time of day. Can be anytime. Humidity before rain makes it worse too., Aggravating Factors:: Rotating the arm, shrugs, pulling down from above head, Easing Factors:: time, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Head, Neck - Posterior

Shoulder - Posterior - Left

Shoulder - Anterior - Left

Chronic discomfort in shoulder and clicking

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi all!

Two years ago I sustained injuries to my left side shoulder/wrist/elbow from martial arts training. I think it might have been from over training, blunt force, or a combination of both. I've treated both the hand and elbow but still need to address the shoulder. I noticed my neck and shoulder feel tight/stiff when I try sleep on my stomach with my head turned to the left. Sleeping with my head turned to the right makes the back of my neck feel stretched, accompanied with burning. Most nights I sleep on my back. When I try to do overhead lat pulldowns, I feel a clicking/pinching at the top of my shoulder by the rotator cuff, where the bursa sack is. If I keep my palm down, lifting the arm up and down slowly is clicky.

I used to have a really sore clavicle, too. The length of the bone hurt, with the bump just near the sternum feeling very sore. Eventually just the eternal end/bump hurt and now that very rarely hurts.

I also used to have a ring of knots around my rotator cuff, I managed to smash them all out. I occasionally still feel burning, but only when the upper shoulder is acting up. The left arm has more difficulty with curls w/ weights over 15 lbs than the right side.

In PT for my wrist and elbow we did a lot of upper back strengthening so maybe I need to work on my chest? My right side feels fine, no injuries/complaints.

I would normally go to a PT but right now I am stuck dealing with a hip impingement and didn't want to add more to my plate right now.

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks!