Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Fareham
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 36, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 1-2weeks, Symptom Behaviour: Mixed, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): No, Aggravating Factors:: Moving from heel to toe at push off, dropping down from toe on stairs., Easing Factors:: Not moving, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: No

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Calf, Achilles - Posterior - Right

Is it a Calf Strain or Cramp or what ??

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    During a recent 5k race my right calf suddenly felt sore/tight on the inside at the top of the soleus. I was able to finish the 1k to the end but afterwards it was sore to touch and painful when I got up on my toes or going down stairs for the next few days.

The soreness then subsided only a matter of days later so I tried a slow run and managed 7miles without feeling the slightest twinge once.

Then two days later during the gentlest of warm-ups it went instantaneously in the same fashion as during the race and now is sore to touch again as before.

If it was injured/strained how would I have run 7miles in between the two occurrences? What could be going on, I'm bewildered!