Flag of Hungary
    Current Location
    Hungary
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 18, Female, Presenting Problem Since: 2 months, Symptom Behaviour: It's constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): The tightness is constant, Aggravating Factors:: Repetitive knee flexion-extension, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Knee - Anterior - Left

Question Anterior part of knee feeling tight, occasional popping and pain

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hello!
    I've been experiencing an unusal tight feeling my my left knee for the past 2 months.
    I think it's important to mention that I've been training using a mixture bodyweight exercises/weightlifting exercises for the past 2 years. My training regime didn't significantly change during quarantine. The tight feeling around my quadriceps tendon is constant, however, during high-repetiton knee flexion-extension exercises (like going for a bike ride, for example) it begins to "pop" and become painful during knee extension. It doesn't show any symptoms during high-load, but low repetiton exercises. My other knee doesn't have any problems at all either. The tightness and pain first occured during a walk, seemingly out of nowhere.
    Could it be tightness of the left quadriceps group? Could growth cause it?
    Thank you for reading, have a great day!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of England
    Current Location
    Germany
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Smile Re: Anterior part of knee feeling tight, occasional popping and pain

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    Quote Originally Posted by MaylCather View Post
    Hello!
    I've been experiencing an unusal tight feeling my my left knee for the past 2 months.
    I think it's important to mention that I've been training using a mixture bodyweight exercises/weightlifting exercises for the past 2 years. My training regime didn't significantly change during quarantine. The tight feeling around my quadriceps tendon is constant, however, during high-repetiton knee flexion-extension exercises (like going for a bike ride, for example) it begins to "pop" and become painful during knee extension. It doesn't show any symptoms during high-load, but low repetiton exercises. My other knee doesn't have any problems at all either. The tightness and pain first occured during a walk, seemingly out of nowhere.
    Could it be tightness of the left quadriceps group? Could growth cause it?
    Thank you for reading, have a great day!
    Hi there. Important would be to know your age. Are you still growing? Usually, such symptoms, but then both sided, are expected at the age of 14. Did you have any inujuries/accidents in the last 10 years? Think of hard falls while skiing, bicycling, etc. I had patients with very similar descriptions who had a slight dysfunction of the Atlas (C1) which caused the pain by disturbed muscle tone on one side of the leg, resulting in knee pain. It can take years before you develop symptoms, sometimes they are triggered by another, but small trauma of the neck, cold air, new mattress, etc. For diagnosis, lay on your stomach and ask a colleague to press on C1, do the same with the head rotated to your right/left. Try to mobilize C1 carefully, respecting pain sensations. Indications for C1 are: Symptoms in the knee occurring during treatment, improving in less than 3 treatments, left side of C1 is more painful than the right side. Hope this helps.