Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Illinois
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 40, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 10 days, Symptom Behaviour: constant, Aggravating Factors:: Resistance or weight, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: No

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Wrist, Hand - Posterior - Right

Ulnar deviation wrist motion causes acute hand pain after injury.

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hello,

I have had hand pain for 10 days after falling up the stairs and catching my weight on the upper palm of my right hand, it bent my had backwards a little to much I think, and my doctor cannot get me in for 5 weeks.

The facts:
    I have used Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day along with ice for treatment.
    The pain only presents when I try to open a jar or hold any weight in a pouring motion, like pouring out orange juice from a gallon jug.
    The pain is intense and acute on the posterior right hand and is located in the center of the hand between the extensor tendons of the middle and ring finger.
    All other motions seem to feel fine it is only when I place weight or resistance on the hand while in a ulner deviation motion. For example I can hold 5 pound weights in a hammer curl position with no pain.

Any ideas on what I have injured here and how I can treat from home over the next 5 weeks until I see the doctor?

Thanks in advance.