Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 31, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 6-7 years, Symptom Behaviour: Getting worse, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): Depends on activity, Aggravating Factors:: Exercising, running etc, Easing Factors:: Nothing, Investigations: Ultrasound/X-ray, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: No

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Hip, Gluteals - Posterior - Right

Hip, Groin, Pelvis - Anterior - Right

Referred hip problems, possibly from Plantar Fasciitis?

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi All,

Have got to the point where the troubles with my hip are starting to worry me so iv'e decided to seek some advice, hope you all can help me, here we go.

When i was much younger i had troubles with hell pain from plantar fasciitis when i would play football, at the time had orthotics etc and have never really had any major problems since, especially after i stopped playing at 16yo, i have always still had quite flat feet however which i think has led to my current hip problem.

Fast forward to about 23/24yo, i am a hairdresser and at my new salon the floors were hard concrete, i spent all day on my feet and wearing shoes with no arch support and i think that because of my flat feet rolling in, in combination with standing in awkward positions all day long (leaning over to one side and putting most of my weight on one side of my body etc) has somehow caused the my hip to be put out of place or caused some kind of damage, given that they started
    at around the same time i started working like this.

I am now 31 and it has progressively gotten worse over the years, about two years ago i got inner soles again for my shoes (not custom ones just pre-made arch support ones from a podiatrist online because they were a lot more economical) to try and help but i think the damage is already done. I just had an ultrasound and an x-ray of it to see if was anything arthritic or bone related but everything seemed to come back fine.

Basically the trouble i am having now is with my right hip, it is very tight and has very minimal flexibility and range of motion compared to my other side and i tend to get quite a lot of discomfort after exercise or if i am in laying in certain positions. It hurts a lot to try and stretch it out and even if i do it regularly it doesn't seem to improve it. Basically the best way that i can describe it is that it feels really tight and uncomfortable, mainly in the groin/hip socket area is where i feel most of this is felt.

I am kind of at a loss of what to do now, i was going to myotherapy weekly at one point to try and correct it but it was a school that did discount rates so it was hard to get anyone with experience and any consistency which is to be expected but i really cant afford constant full price medical bills to see a qualified person with a lot of experience so if possible some things i could do at home myself would be the best option, i just need to know what to do exactly.

I think that covers most of it, if any more info is needed let me know.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help it is greatly appreciated!

Cheers