anon
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Injured around addomen, groin,hip, obliique on right hand side

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    hi i was around 90 kg and been doing online studying for a while....decided to get a treadmill( I didn’t run regularly beforehand) and lose the extra pounds I’ve put on....i decided to play ps4 whilst walking on the treadmill and was walking 4.0/4.5 kph for around 1 h and 30 minutes with no stretches beforehand due to being fat and was doing around 5 km on the treadmill, i also increased the outside walking distance i do usually maybe from around 1 km to 3 to 4 km daily.
    anyway, I’ve lost 5 kg in 3/4 weeks...but ive also took out my groin/hip/abdomen...psaos and obliques and iliacus on my right-hand side
    around 9 weeks ago started getting pain in my psaos,iliacus, obliques around the abdomen (but not the groin or hip) on my right.

stopped doing extra walking and treadmill around 4/5 weeks ago
    got a bar stool to alleviate the pain for the psaos, iliacus, obliques and started doing online via YouTube tensor fascia latae (TFL) stretch for runners this alleviate the pain/injuries for a day or two but then suffered a setback with the pain around the abdomen so stopped.
    decided to get exercise bands and try to rehabilitate that way eventually my hip and groin started to become sore/injured but the bands alleviate the pain in my abdomen. so i basically transferred the pain from my right abdomen area to my right hip/groin.
    now I’ve restarted stretches using YouTube bob and brad unlock hip flexor tightness and pain in 90 seconds! in bed
    and rehab my patient - oblique muscle stretch... the injuries are responding to these.
    does anyone know what I’ve done?
    i have no swelling anywhere, or blood anywhere, I’m not on painkillers (so the pain isn’t that bad)...when i go to sleep i can lay pain free laying flat on my back or on my left side with a pillow between my thighs(based on internet advice)...ive stopped laying on my right side.
    is it the effects of holding a ps4 controller whilst running and not moving my arms naturally?
    i have no pain/injuries on my left hand side or on my back(right and left)

Similar Threads:

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Injured around addomen, groin,hip, obliique on right hand side

Hi 'injuredunfortunately', and thanks for your post. It does sound like you perhaps over did things a little but too much, too soon perhaps. 90mins of walking on a treadmill whilst trying to play with a PS4 gaming device would be a challenge for someone trained I think. Are you using a hand controller whilst doing this? It is possible that the reduced or altered upper body movement that is required to play the PS4 has mean that your leg/pelvis/low back motion has also had to alter as a response. This might have 'stretched' a few structures more than they are used to, especially over a 18 month pandemic and reduced activity. As for what specific structure is causing the issue is hard to say but it does appear that there is some referral of pain to several areas, which might well emanate from the culprit (even in the absence of discomfort in that structure). Your initial area/s of discomfort would more likely point to the original issue. It could for example be an inguinal hernia strain. And part of a treatment approach might be to look at the non-painful side to see if there was some movement restriction on that side, which then led to an overuse on the now symptomatic side. Those can take a long time to fully resolve. My advice would be to go and see someone to assess you as a one-off session for advice. I don't think using the internet as a trial and error service would help for a fast recovery. Work out exactly what the issue is and then the internet is full of ideas on exercises and other ways to help work towards normality again.

Let us know how you get on.

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    anon
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Injured around addomen, groin,hip, obliique on right hand side

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    hi not sure my post was sent a few minutes ago, it was two hernia's ...inguinal hernia and lipoma of the cord, gps missed the hernias as did ultrasound it was only through the pain increasing that they were found, ive had two mesh pieces placed in and the lipoma of the cord cut out through two operations.