Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

working in Sydney.

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    I will be visiting Sydney this year for 6 months (july-jan). In this period I would like to work as a physiotherapist for 3-4 months. Can I contact a employmentagency or schould I best try it through e-mail. Any suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

re: working in Sydney.

You will need registration from NSW Physio Board. You may need to sit an exam (including if you studied in the UK).
    I think you can only work for 3 months with a travelling visa in any one state. I would try contacting agencies and major hospitals for employment.

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

re: working in Sydney.

I have looked into working in australia, they make it very difficult for any uk physios to work as aphysio out there.
    You will need to sit an exam in London(Mutiple choice questions) and then the technical and clinical exam are would you beleive it sat in Australia!! Employment agensies in Australia asked that you are Australian registered before you can work. I think these facts are right, but if anybody eles knows any different, then pleas respond as i would love to go there.

Babs

Question Re: working in Sydney.

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzgerald View Post
    You will need registration from NSW Physio Board. You may need to sit an exam (including if you studied in the UK).
    I think you can only work for 3 months with a travelling visa in any one state. I would try contacting agencies and major hospitals for employment.
    Hey,
    I found this old reply and was wondering if its still the same and if you could give me the contact details to get registered, please!

I am a physio from Germany and here on my Working Holiday Visa (+ext) and would like to work as a PT here (or in WA - contact info there?? )

Cheers,
    Babette-