Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    waleedtawfiq

Getting advice please - HPC registration

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi my friends,
    Kindly I would like to ask for advise regarding regsiteration with HPC in U.K.I have been in U.K since 6 Years, Do I have to support my application HPC with IELTS or Tofel Exam Certificate or because I've been more than 3 years in U.K so I will not need it? KIndly if anybody have information I will be more than happy, many thanks.:rollin

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

re:

hi

Im surprised that being in uk for the past couple of years you arent still clear on the procedure.An IELTS or TOEFL score is i think def needed.However if you can prove that all your other education has been in english medium then maybe you have a chance.Still better to have the exam score i think!
    hope this helps.

REEJOJOHN

no need for ielts

hi
    I have got my hpc and i have not shown the ielts.....but as kavs said ...i had a letter from my institution saying the medium of instruction was english
    cheerios

tea
    Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Cool HPC registration

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi
    A bit late response, but hopefully still useful. If you have trained outside UK, in another language than you must have IELTS in order to register. You have to do academic level and score 7 minimum. TOEFL is required for US!
    It takes about a month to prepare properly for IELTS. There is one stupid rule with IELTS though. It is valid only for 2 yeras.After that you have to do it again.
    Good luck with HPC, thay are very slow and it can take up to 6months to get their decision. If they tell you to do adaptation for up to 3 mnths you might be lucky to find a hospital to help you with it. (Highly unlikely in the current situation). But if more than 3 mnths than you'll be stuck. Your best bet in that situation is UCL- Physiotherapy skills course for physiotherapists trained overseas. After that course you'll be registered and ready to start the mighty job search.

Good luck