Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

mature age student

Hi to all from first time user , I'm searching for any other mature age students. I'm a first year physio sudent at Cumberland (43yrs old) I fine that it can be a real overload and trying to meet new people which are a lot younger is becomming difficult. My one big problem in any subject is VECTORS is there any easy way to learn this stuff, thanks for any help that may come

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

re: mature age student

Hi - if you can find a reasonably "plain English" physics or biomechanics text there should be a section or at least an appendix which will explain vectors to you. I had the same problem - try Cutnell's physics text if you've got access to it...

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Vectors??

perfphysio

Hang in there big fella. I was a mature age student at cumbo, and we had a few 40ish members of the team. Basically the girls will find you a refreshing break from the other young guys. As a few of them for direct help.I am sure they'll only be two eager to help. Actually its second year neuroanatomy and anatomy back to back you should be worrying about, biomechanics is the easy stuff?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Jersey
    Current Location
    Jersey Channel Islands
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: mature age student

Quote Originally Posted by sivhead View Post
    Hi to all from first time user , I'm searching for any other mature age students. I'm a first year physio sudent at Cumberland (43yrs old) I fine that it can be a real overload and trying to meet new people which are a lot younger is becomming difficult. My one big problem in any subject is VECTORS is there any easy way to learn this stuff, thanks for any help that may come
    Hello there,

I'm new to the board and just read your post which was made quite a while ago now! Can you tell me if you completed your degree? I am also a mature student (50) and have a place at Hertfordshire beginning in September but must admit that I'm pretty uncertain about it. I'd love the course content I'm sure but just worried about how the other students will take to me and also living in halls scares me a little! Would be interested to hear your comments. You can message me on [email protected] should you prefer.

Best
    Jeannine

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Watford
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: mature age student

Hi Jeannie

I qualified from Hertfordshire last year, as a mature student of 31 . My year comprosed of about 15% mature students, but this increased in the years below to around 30% so you'il be fine any questions please ask it feels like years since I qualified and its only a little over a year.

Kind Regards
    Karen