Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Groin/Hip/Buttocks Pain - Cannot pinpoint the pain

Hi,

I've been seeing a physio for about 2 months now and doing various excercices/stretches with no noticeable improvements. I'm hoping someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction so I can start playing sports again.

The injury first occurred approx 6/7 months ago. From what I remember, I had a tight hamstring muscle, which I felt like I'd pulled whilst playing football. At the time seemed like a fairly standard hamstring pull. My memory is a little vague, but it somehow seemed to progress into the groin and lower abs region and has since never gone away. The pain is relatively mild but constantly there - only problem is that i stuggle to pinpoint it, or that it radiates in multiple regions - these include somewhere deep behind the lower abs, somewhere deep within the groin, and finially somewhere deep within the buttocks.

It normally feels painful for the first 10/15 minutes of sport whilst I warm up, the next 10/15 I suppose are Ok, but after that it pretty much gets worse and worse. The pain is mostly on turning and taking off, so the quick/forceful movements. The day after is the worst though, I feel very sore and struggle to walk. It usually then begins to settle down, but approx 5/6 days in it will settle down and I won't really see any improvements past that point. As mentioned I've been having physio on groin/lower back but am not seeing any improvements and would like to go back to playing football and not feeling so sore the next day.

The pain itself only occurs on certain movements but I find it hard to replicate everytime. The one pain that I can is when I squeeze my knees together, but this is only when the knees are close together, further away it seems fine. I also tend to feel general tightness in my hip and left groin.

If there is any more info I can give let me know but would really appreciate some help from someone on this. Thanks