Country
    Flag of South Africa
    Current Location
    South Africa
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Stopped Physio 8 weeks after ACL recon, can i get back to it?

Hi I am 21 years old

I tore my Acl and meniscus about 2 and a half years ago and only got it sorted out in september last year and had a succesfull surgery, i went to physio for about 8 - 10 weeks until the medical aid ran out, i am working minimum wage and find it difficult to find time to do excercise at home, i havnt done any physio for 10 weeks now, it feels great but still suffering some atrophy, i am also studying and wish to play varsity football(soccer) and would like some advice towards working my way back (perhabs a rehabilitation plan or something) iv started jogging and i can do about 2kms before my little calf starts cramping, not sure what else to do...

Thanks
    Mark

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Czech Republic
    Current Location
    Cheltenham
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Stopped Physio 8 weeks after ACL recon, can i get back to it?

Hi Mark!

I think u should get yourself properly accessed again by a professional, or have they done final examination the day they discharge you? It would be helpful to know what is your muscle strength now. You need strong hamstrings (because of ACL rupture) to be able to run and withstand football training and of course stamina. Your muscles seems to fatigue quite easily still, it is vital that you carry on with your rehab, and for this u MUST find time at home. Twice a day, for 20mins, surely for your own health, this is not much to ask! Just put it into your routine, morning and evening. It is never too late to rehabilitate.

Regards

Monika

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of South Africa
    Current Location
    South Africa
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Stopped Physio 8 weeks after ACL recon, can i get back to it?

Taping
    Quote Originally Posted by Monidrak1 View Post
    Hi Mark!I think u should get yourself properly accessed again by a professional, or have they done final examination the day they discharge you? It would be helpful to know what is your muscle strength now. You need strong hamstrings (because of ACL rupture) to be able to run and withstand football training and of course stamina. Your muscles seems to fatigue quite easily still, it is vital that you carry on with your rehab, and for this u MUST find time at home. Twice a day, for 20mins, surely for your own health, this is not much to ask! Just put it into your routine, morning and evening. It is never too late to rehabilitate. RegardsMonika
    Hi MonikaThanks for your reply, my muscle strength is quite high for day to dayActivity, can jump and skip and run just not at full pace obviously,I can't afford to see a physio as they are very expensive in South Africa The last thing the physio said to me was that I was two weeks awayFrom seeing the bio kinetisist, would really love to return to football andI suppose ur right for that sake I should make time at home, just not sureWhere to start.. Went for a 3km run yesterday and feelin ok after stretchingDown properly, its mainly the size difference of my quads and calves that worryMe...