Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Question Help needed to pick the best PLAR option( the alliance canada)

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    my credentialing is going on with alliance(canada ). I have recieved the deficiencies . I am very much confused about which option to take. Below are the list of deficiencies 1) principle of assessment, physiotherapy diagnosis and ongoing evaluation. 2) geriatrics including elderly motor skills 3)independent/autonomous practice 4) evidence based practice 5) inter professional practice/multidisciplinary practice/teams 6) context of physiotherapy practice in canada. I have a BPT degree from india. Please guide me which option i should take ? I have not given IELTS academic yet. Please advise about the cost of these courses and appropriate place from where i should do these courses. thompson rivers is very costly. Other inputs are highly appriciated.

warm regards

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    ahmedabad
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Help needed to pick the best PLAR option( the alliance canada)

I am in same situation.I am also having result that says I have to undergo for PLAR with same courses mentioned above.Can you please help me which option should I select?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    United Kingdom
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello friends, I also have received minor gaps in PT education of UG. Can u pls let me know how to cover them?
    many thanks
    Nikhil

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hey Vivek.

Did you manage to find out if there is a course in canada for 1) principle of assessment, physiotherapy diagnosis and ongoing evaluation

Mariaks

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Mississauga
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hey Guys,

Once you get ur PLAR options, you might be overwhelmed witht he number of subjects or courses you think you might have to take , just like how I was. Now the most important thing to do is dont freak out!!!!!!! then look at the various subjects you have to take to cover your gaps. The key is to do as less number fo courses as possible, and for that, Choose a course that will cover as many of your deficencies as possible. which means, from your list of deficencies or subjects, search for a course from the options list, that if chosen will also cover other defeciencies you have. Ex. If you have defeciences in evaluation/reaserch and Professional and intregrated practise, which are 2 diffent subjects with subsections in them, instead of going for various courses to fill these content gaps, your best option will be to take the CHSM 417 by Ryerson university, which will cover 4 of your content gaps within these 2 subjects in one shot.

So sit down, stop freaking out, relax and think calmy... you will be able to shrink down the number of courses! , Need further help, give me a shout here!! take care.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    United Kingdom
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Danappan, Thanks for your help.... :-) I will ask some more quries if they arise during PLAR ...
    Regards,
    Nikhil

Quote Originally Posted by Danappan View Post
    Hey Guys,

Once you get ur PLAR options, you might be overwhelmed witht he number of subjects or courses you think you might have to take , just like how I was. Now the most important thing to do is dont freak out!!!!!!! then look at the various subjects you have to take to cover your gaps. The key is to do as less number fo courses as possible, and for that, Choose a course that will cover as many of your deficencies as possible. which means, from your list of deficencies or subjects, search for a course from the options list, that if chosen will also cover other defeciencies you have. Ex. If you have defeciences in evaluation/reaserch and Professional and intregrated practise, which are 2 diffent subjects with subsections in them, instead of going for various courses to fill these content gaps, your best option will be to take the CHSM 417 by Ryerson university, which will cover 4 of your content gaps within these 2 subjects in one shot.

So sit down, stop freaking out, relax and think calmy... you will be able to shrink down the number of courses! , Need further help, give me a shout here!! take care.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Brampton, canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi everyone,

I also got " principle of assessment, physiotherapy diagnosis and ongoing evaluation" as gap from Alliance for my PLAR. I am very frustrated with this gap as i am unable to find any course for it & alliance is responding that currently they don't have any course listed for it. I sent them couple of courses to consider but alliance just declined them without stating any reason.

Did anyone managed to find any course or description from alliance regarding what they want to be covered under this?

Archana

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Mississauga
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Archana, I am sorry I cant be of much help to you in this regard. I dont know of anyone who has content gaps in the subjects you mentioned. If I hear anything , I will post it hear. So, if the alliance does not have any courses for it, what do they want you to do about it exactly? have you asked them that?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Brampton, canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Danappan,

Thank you for replying. I got this weird gap, initially alliance suggested me a course, when i reached the address, i found out that institute is closed now. i again contacted the alliance , they responded that ''currently they don't have any course listed for this gap & i can contact my college to send some more information supporting my study in this area''. My college sent them details but it was of no use. Alliance again replied that "you can ask your college to send us more details in this area". Now my college is asking me that ''what they (alliance) exactly want them to elaborate as this is a very broad term?"

To this Alliance only replied ''we need more evidence to support your study in this area". It is going so frustrating . I am stuck with gap & i received this gap in july 2011.Till now no progress.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Brampton, canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

till now , i suggested them 6 courses for this gap & every time they just decline it without giving any reason. When i ask alliance what they want me to do ,they just turn their deaf ear towards me.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks.
    please do post if you find anything regarding this gap.

Archana

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Brampton, Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Archana, where did you finished your bachelors and what batch. This just gives me an idea who are getting this program. Thanks
    - Kris

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Mississauga
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Danappan,

I appreciate your reply. I wanted to know if you have heard of any course that fulfils the gap "Geriatrics including elderly motor skills". Alliance told that me I have to search and complete this course. I haven't been able to find one. Can anybody help me on this please?

Thank you.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Toronto
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    [Send me an email at [email protected]

QUOTE=pradee;68545]Hi Danappan,

I appreciate your reply. I wanted to know if you have heard of any course that fulfils the gap "Geriatrics including elderly motor skills". Alliance told that me I have to search and complete this course. I haven't been able to find one. Can anybody help me on this please?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]