Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    physioo

Anyone know - fail the Canadian practical exam 3 times?

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job

jaishingdia
    i think you have to get assessed again somehow....and possibly do more studying/coursework.....not quite sure but its best to check out the website or even contact your credentialling officer who may be able to help you out

physioo
    ya, i thought it was more coursework plus more hours of supervision, not sure though.

Hopefully, not do written again...

anyone heard anything?

Jehaana
    I have passed the written, but have yet to take the practical (in June). Do you have any tips or hints as to the content apart from what's on the Alliance web-site?

Do you have any idea what were the problem areas for yourself? I did not really glean much from the rather obscure marking system they use in the written (standardised scoring), as to which areas I really need to work on!!

Sorry I have not looked at the forum since about October 04!! I must have been too busy emigrating!

Apologies to those who sent me pm's way back, to which I never replied as I only read them just now!

jaishingdia
    hey,
    since you've already started emigrating...have you any advise on visas ect...ie how long it takes blah blah!

Jehaana
    Jaishingdia

I doubt if I can say much that will help you. For us it took 18 months from application to visas applying through CHC London, but currently they are forecasting processing times of 3 1/2 to 4 years!!!
    It also very much depends on where you are emigrating from!
    Take a look at the CIC site to start with. www.cic.gc.ca/
    It tells you all the different pathways for moving to Canada, and you can look at country-specific requirements and take an online assessment to see if you think you have enough points to apply as a skilled worker.

Some provinces may give you a faster way in through their Provincial Nominee Programmes if your profession is in particular demand.

In any case you need to have your credentials assessed and accepted by the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy regulators. www.alliancept.org/

My friend failed three times, and is now a secretary in the far north. Sorry to say. I can't say what they told her after the third failure, she's touchy about it, and I don't want to ask her!

As for emigrating. Have you guys thought of buying a business in Canada (ie: a physio practice). I think the rules are different for that. Does someone know?

Matrix Level Physio Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    As for emigrating. Have you guys thought of buying a business in Canada (ie: a physio practice). I think the rules are different for that. Does someone know?
    now that is a very interesting option if this is correct. Someone is trying the sell a practice in Canada in the working overseas forum above this one.

Jehaana
    I believe you still have to be registered in the appropriate province to practise physiotherapy. That is the same whether you are in private practice or health service. And you have to pass the competency exam before you can get full registration to practise.

And if you are a foreign trained PT you still have to have your training assessed and accredited by the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapist regulators before you can apply to sit the exam, so I really don't imagine the process to be any shorter if you are going into private practice, even if it is your own business.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    india
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    hi
    even if u lease a clinic,the rules for practicing physiotherapy must be the same.
    well thanx jehanaa for the links on emmigration.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Waterloo
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Anyone know - fail the Canadian practical exam 3 times?

I successfully failed three attempts of practical licensing exam , what next I should do to sit again for licensing exam

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Surrey, BC
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Anyone know - fail the Canadian practical exam 3 times?

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Quote Originally Posted by sujabiberpt View Post
    I successfully failed three attempts of practical licensing exam , what next I should do to sit again for licensing exam
    Did you have any extenuating circumstances that may have limited your abilities to pass? You can write the CAPR for an exception. In our experience they are quite firm about 3rd attempts being the final attempt. We would love to help you pass if you are granted another attempt. You can visit us at www.ptexamprep.ca or email us at [email protected]

Katelyn Proctor
    Founder PT Exam Prep

PT Exam Prep
    The most comprehensive online PCE prep course in Canada!