Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    Nasgold

PT in Canada, qualifications and license approval

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Dear all,

I am currently 4th year physiotherapy student (international class, course fully in English) in The Netherlands and I am due to finish my degree here in August, I would like to continue my study in sports (as a Master degree) in Canada, but I would like also to work part time there as a PT.

Do you know who I have to contact regarding visas and license. I read I need to take the test of competence, but is it also available to foreigners?
    Can you please guide me to the correct place who is dealing with those issues?

Thanks allot for your help and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Yours,
    Louis Munteanu

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Hong Kong
    Current Location
    Singapore
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Dear Louis,

You can log onto Canadian Physio Board for details. Before taking the competency exam, the board will require your physio programme outline too see if you are eligible for the exam.

The examination is divided into two components. The written component can be taken elsewhere overseas. The practical component should be completed in Canada. You are recommended you take some supoervised work in clinical settings in Canada before taking the exam.

On the other hand, you have to contact your local consulate about the immigration process to Canada. It depends on your nationality, so you'd better contact them directly.

Megan

physioo

cannot do written overseas!

hi

No, you CANNOT do the written overseas, only in Canada

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Turkey
    Current Location
    Ankara
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: PT in Canada, qualifications and license approval

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    actually you can do the written overseas..the places are listed in exam resources handbook..you can check them.