London
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

new zealand registration

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi,
    I sent off my application for new zealand registration about two months ago, and I have had a letter of confirmation that it has been received, but have not heard anything else. Should I be worried? If my letters of validation (which were sent after the confirmation was received) got lost in the post, how would I know? Would they email me? Does anyone have experience on how long the process can take and how long it takes to get the 'second letter' to say that the application is complete has been put forward for assessment?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Christmas Island
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: new zealand registration

Hi ,

The NZ Board should be flexible regarding Contact , Mail Post is lost sometimes and the Board refuses Email contact as security , however Email is delivered easly , time-saving and evreything , may be there is securit problems , but most of Physiotherapy Authorities in the World accept Emails .

You need to review their Policy regarding contact and inquiry about application progress , do not let it go long ,You are First-English Speaker and you can communicate with them via phone , just review their policy regarding contact , I know they do not like contact , but seems NZ board is TOO stiff regarding assurance of applicants !

best Wishes
    Emad

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,
    to Alice: I have heard that they will notify you if they haven't received the validation letters, usually via phone call or email, but don't know, how much time they'll let pass in the meantime. Apparantly, they also proceed applications straight to the assessors, if everything is complete, however, they will definitely let you know, if your application is incomplete. So, I wouldn't worry. Once your application is complete, it apparently only takes a few weeks. .. But then, it's Christmas season and New Zealand's clocks run very slow at this time of year...

to Emad: Thanks for sharing your opinion. Let me share mine: The NZ Physio Board quite happily communicates via Email. I received several from them, as in answering my questions, sending me information etc.. However, you cannot send your application in that way, and I also don't know any other Physiotherapy Authority that would let you do this. Come on, they just have really high standards and are obviously concerned with fraud. Good on them. Just run with it, we all had to do it and I'm glad that this way, they might keep out the nasty ones ....

Happy New Year,
    cheers,
    Fyzzio

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Christmas Island
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hallo Fyrzio , here you are copy of their policy , they issued a PDF on FAQ :

What is the Board’s confidentiality policy?
    The Board does not accept agent or third party involvement (including family members). It is
    Board policy to deal solely with the applicant at all times.
    Once I have lodged my application for registration can I communicate with the Board by
    email?
    The application for registration process is a formal process under legislation and all written
    correspondence will be conducted by mail or fax. Because we require signatures on all
    correspondence, we cannot accept email.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thanks for the advice. I got a letter this morning saying that my application has been accepted as complete from the initial checks and that I should contact the board by phone within 6 weeks if I have not heard from them. They have also given me a reference number to quote when I contact them. I just hope that the letter in 6 weeks is the final one!? The wording of the letter I received did not make it very clear. I'm still left guessing a bit! Such a frustrating process... although I agree, there is a good reason why it is not easy and i'm sure I will be glad of that in the future (if they let me in!!!).

Thanks again
    xx

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Christmas Island
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

That is good .
    Yes , the NZ PhysioBoard is doing it veery professional process but communication needs to be assured .

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    NSW
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Smile Re: new zealand registration

Can anyone give advice about a nz application i.e depth of papaers/evidence needed for all the sub-sections...I need help Don't know where to start x

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,
    could you please explain what you mean with "depth" ???

There's heaps of information on this website already and all the basics + competency requirements/ evidence suggestions are on The Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand > Registration - Overseas-Qualified Physiotherapists

Minimum standard is a 3 year BSc Physiotherapy degree with additional 1 year full-time work experience as Physiotherapists.
    The competencies are listed from 1-10. They are basic Physio competencies, which should have been covered by your degree, too. I would start with competency 1.1.1 and go from there.

Where did you train?

Cheers,
    Fyzzio

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    NSW
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thanks for that it just seems like such a mountain and what if I dont have all the back-up CPD stuff. Trained in Nottigham, qualified in 2000 and to be honest never really kept all CPD from courses. have my physio transcript from Uni and lots of reference letters from jobs and some in-service training hand-outs but not sure if that enough. been practising from 10 years though
    xx

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    NZ
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hey guys,
    I am a Physio from India, did a four and a half year course, and have approx 2 years of work experience.
    I am currently studing Health Sciences in the University of Canterbury in NZ, I am also working part time as a Physio assistant.
    I read in the 'frequently asked questions' of the physio board that they have till date accepted very few Indian physios, could you guys pl help and let me know if any one (indian physio) has registered with the board?
    Thanks,