Current Location
    Harrogate, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Looking for a member of the NZSP

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hello, and if you are reading this I hope you can help.
    I feel I have now exhausted the forums trying to get advice on registering with the NZ physio board. As I qualified over 10 years ago and have worked predominantly in private practice in the last 10 years the advice available on proving competency is of limited help. I feel it would be extremely helpful to speak to someone who has successfully registered having been in a similar position to myself.
    Would it be appropriate for a member of the NZPS to post a request along these lines, on my behalf, in the members section of the NZPS web site.

Any help, advice, comments would be gratefully accepted.

Stewart

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of France
    Current Location
    France
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Looking for a member of the NZSP

HI Steward,

I think Physiomitch on this forum is in the same position you are.. together with some others... They might be able to help you out.
    The physioboard is very unhelpfull and I'm not sure if any NZPS member can help you.. Have you tried emailing the Society directly?
    If there is anymore I can help with, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Eline.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Harrogate, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Elinekk,

Thanks for the reply. I've been communicating with physiomitch for a while now and although useful at times we feel it is very much the blind (or at best partially sighted) leading the blind. I just wanted to talk to someone that little bit further down the line than we are, but as you said the physioboard and the society of physio's haven't been that helpful (yes I have e-mailed them directly). What is your situation Elinekk?
    Regards
    Stewart

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of South Africa
    Current Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hiya Stu

Was wondering who kept bumping into me...

Been going over my info from the Physio in Oz (for those also seeking info like us) who did this already, and it seems she mainly did case studies, including from student notes she had of patients she treated at uni and from a colleague who did cardio-resp cases. This may be one of the best ways to cover most competencies, as it shows you have experience of treating these cases or at least knowledge. For example, competency 1.2.3 about electrotherapy, write 3 case studies of patients you have treated with electrotherapy modalities (different ones preferably). The use these as references.

Validation of work and colleague references (letters of good standing) can be used to reference things like communication and autonomous practice, etc.

I think the toughest thing is getting a correct format for the portfolio. Some use a table format, others a paragraph format. Some have headings of competency by competency, others use all the sub-headings/competencies (eg 1.2.3) and answer each one. It might be possible to cover many sub-headings with one or 2 references or case studies, so again, formatting will control the amount of work necessary.

All for now