Current Location
    USA
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Licensure in the UK

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hello there--I desperately need some clarification for eligibility for licensure in the UK. I am a US-trained physical therapist and have contacted the HPC in the past about licensure. I have downloaded the registration form (over a year ago) and after a recent vacation trip to London, am more in love with England than ever and really want to relocate there. I spoke with a PT in Sheffield about getting my license and she didn't indicate that I would have difficulty doing so but did note that I would need HPC registration, which I already knew. I also know the immigration policy has changed and should qualify based on points with my current set of skills and finances. However, when responding to am email from a Physiobob's staff, he said that US trained PTs can't get registered in the UK because our curricula are too different and all the HPC would do is take my money but not give me registration. Needless to say, I am heartbroken but also confused because a friend of mine here in the States did get his license to practice in the UK (many years ago) and still has it currently active. Why did he get it and I cannot? Have things changed that much? Even if I take a licensure exam will I still be denied?
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me clear this up, otherwise I suppose I will be staying here in the US.

Pedsptmlso

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Licensure in the UK

Hi there,

I am a physio from India and I recently got my HPC registeration end of January 2009 considering the fact that I had put my application with all the required documents in August 2008. There is no 100% telling that would get the HPC or not unless you submit your application. I submitted mine in person at their office so they asked me there and there for any missing documents. I had mine undergraduate degree compared with UK degree by UK-NARIC. This helps the HPC. I would suggest having your qualifications compared as well.

If you require any further info give us a PM and I'll be happy to help.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Iraq
    Current Location
    iraq
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi,
    thankyou can you tell me the exam for licensure in uk for oversease qualified physiotherpist....

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    belfast
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Dear Physiotherapists, if you need any help and assistance with ADAPTATION course in the UK please find more information on our website:
    monroemedical.co.uk