Current Location
    Malaysia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Planning on pursing my degree in uk.

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi! I need help. I am diploma holder in Malaysia with three years and half experience in hospital and centre settings. I'm interested of pursing my degree in one of university in Glasgow next year and planning to work in Australia after graduates.

1. What qualification is the Australia physiotherapy board requires?

2. Do they accept my Diploma and Degree certificates in order to register with their body and work?

The uni team mentioned that their Degree is accredited by the UK Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) and the Health& Care Professions Council ( HCPC)

Your help and reply is very much appreciated

thanks

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Planning on pursing my degree in uk.

Hi,
    do I understand correctly that you want to go to Scotland to enter in a 4 year Physio degree programme (BSc) and then move to Australia to work?

The Australians have a great website, which has got information about registration of foreigners. And as far as I know, there was a list of foreign Universities with direct qualification chances.
    For registration: Physiotherapy Board of Australia - Registration
    For qualification assessment:Overview of Assessment for Registration Purposes ? Australian Physiotherapy Council

But, may I ask please why you want to go to Scotland in the first place? Why not go straight to Australia and study there?
    It's really expensive to get registration as a foreigner in Australia and you might have to sit exams.

Regards,
    Fyzzio

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Malaysia
    Current Location
    Malaysia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Fyzzio,

Thanks for your information. But I would like to know the exact information. I know that we as a oversea physiotherapist need to reasses our qualification and sit for the exam. And it's very expensive.
    My main concern is whether they accept degree certificate from Scotland and my diploma from Malaysia in order work there. At the moment, I'm on a plan to pursue my studies in Scotland as it is cheap yet save time. I have an offer from Scotland and they willing to give me an exemption from my previous studies.
    However I've heard that a lot of people are jobless in UK.

Australia courses are expensive compare to UK. But it's hard to enter.

Any advise?

Thanks

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi Jaelene,

I know that we as a oversea physiotherapist need to reasses our qualification
    You don't. They will do this.

whether they accept degree certificate from Scotland and my diploma from Malaysia
    They will accept the Scottish degree for you to apply for registration. As it is a 4 year degree, you can apply for equivalence recognition. The recent programmes are not on the list yet, but I am sure you can apply anyway.
    The websites state quite clearly that Physios will be assessed on an individual basis. So even if someone with a Scottish degree got accepted for equivalence, this might not apply to you. That's as exact an information as you will get it. No guarantees.
    And anyway - who knows what the situation will be like in 4 years?

in order work there
    Do you mean registration or actual work? In order to work there you need registration and then a work permit/ visa.
    That's a whole new ballgame. :-)

Good luck,
    Fyzzio