cork
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Work as a foreign physiotherapist in Ireland

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hei folks,

I am a certified german physiotherapist (3 years of education, no university degree) with 3 years of work experience and I am a certified Manual Lymphdrainage Therapist and Manual Therapist.
    Apparently it is really unlikely that my qualifications will be recognized by the ISCP as I got informed by the internet and some other german physios that tried it so far.

So does anybody has informations or experience about the following questions:

- Would you recommend trying the recognition although?Would it be realistic getting recognized with my education?
    - How is the current situation/need in Ireland for physiotherapists? (I read opposite things about that there is a lack of physios and on the other hand that even irish physios cant find a job themselves).
    - Is it possible to set up a private business without being chartered and recognized?
    - If, will any insurance insure me?
    - Do customers care about if their physio is not chartered and not irish?
    - Is it realistic setting up an own business here? ( business competition, laws and regulations, etc. )

I tried already to get in contact with local physios here in Ireland but unfortunately I had bad luck so far and the physios I asked didnt seem to happy about giving informations to foreign physios.
    I would be really thankful if anybody would share experiences, informations or opinions.

Thanks a million for ur help lads!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Work as a foreign physiotherapist in Ireland

HI Johanna

How are You? I am trying for JOb in Ireland for sometime. At the moment the openings are restricted. That s a good idea to have Your private set up. Will take an opinion from My senior who is there. Will keep You posted.

Regards
    Bhagya

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    belfast
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Work as a foreign physiotherapist in Ireland

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    ADAPTATION COURSES FOR
    PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
    Monroe Medical Limited is a registered provider of adaptation training – the missing requirement by HCPC.

Monroe Medical Ltd offers:

- Supervised practicals and academic allowing you to work for completion within your own specific time frame.

- Flexible solution to the above requirements - programs can be part time or full time or tailored to suit your needs.

- A distance learning course to save you time and expenses.

- Intensive practical sessions to maximise successful completion leading to adaptation.

- Individually designed adaptation training to make up shortfalls previously identify by HCPC assessor

A UK registered and HCPC approved physiotherapist will assist you throughout the entire process.
    If you choose Monroe Medical Ltd to move forward with Adaptation, we can assure you of our professionalism to aid you to a positive final conclusion and success.
    monroemedical.co.uk