Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.

Thread: from egypt

tameeme

from egypt

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    hi all

i am from egypt i have Bsc degree in physical therapy i want to get chance to travel ..i want to study osteopahty i like it very much and it is not found in all arabic country ..i hope i can travel to place i can study and work in it ...

i hope all give me advice

thanks

Similar Threads:

Matrix Level Physio Array
      Country
      Flag of Australia
      Current Location
      London
      Member Type
      Physiotherapist
      View Full Profile
      Thanks given to others
      Possibly you could get some type of permit to study Osteopathy in the UK and at the same time get a job as a physiotherapy assistant in a hospital. The red tape in getting actual registration with the HPC would not be worth it if you are going to study. I would suggest applying to various osteopathic colleges and then when accepted apply for a student visa.

This would give you the option to work part-time

Best of luck 8o

tameeme
      thanks

did i should register on hpc? i hear that osteopahty in u.k not inculd craniosacral and viscreal technique it is only manipulation it is true?

my visa be as student or work

thanks

osteokate

Re: From Egypt

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
      No, it is not true that osteopathy courses in the UK only include manipulative techniques and do not include cranial and visceral techniques. However what is true is that the courses offered by different institutions offer different proportions of these techniques. For a list of accredited courses see
      www.osteopathy.org.uk/car...ourses.php

I qualified from the BSO, where the proportion of cranial/visceral techniques taught on the undergraduate course is low compared to the proportion of manipulative techniques. Other providers, for example the ESO, teach more cranial/visceral at undergraduate level.

It is a matter of opinion whether these very powerful techniques are best taught at undergraduate level, or later on when you have acquired the osteopathic experience and palpatry literacy to be able to make full use of them.