Flag of Denmark
    Current Location
    Tokyo
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 25, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 1 year, Symptom Behaviour: worse, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): Usually worst in the evening, but present all the time., Aggravating Factors:: I don't know, Easing Factors:: I don't know, Investigations: MRI showed a disc herniation in L5, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Exercises to correct hip alignment.

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    I started another thread a few days ago, but given the length of the post I realize that it was probably unreasonable to expect anyone to read through the whole thing. Anyway, my problem is that my hip is notably higher on the right side than on the left. I think that that this causes pain in my right buttocks and left knee, since I invariably lean left when standing.

Do anybody know of some exercises and/or stretches that could help me restore the alignment in my hip?

Thank you in advance!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Italy
    Current Location
    Maidstone
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Exercises to correct hip alignment.

Not easy to understand, we really need to have you in front of us and have an overall observation of your posture, gait and in addition to that a decent case history and assessment. Seems like your herniated disk may have caused a postural imbalance, and you can't compensate anymore hence the onset of all these problem but this is just a shallow consideration, so take it with grain of salt! I had a read the other post and I am curious to know about what kind of treatment you had on april/may, since it seemed to give you a good 3/4 months painfree period. Maybe would be the case to seek for something similar.

All the best

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of England
    Current Location
    london
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

A higher hip could be due to many variables. It if you are lucky and it's just a tight adductor on the higher hip side then adductor stretches will help- try PNF techniques. I resolved a similar problem in a client and wrote a post about it- tight adductor assessment

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    US
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    My doctor suggested me to perform Psoas release.

Texan Urgent Care