Flag of England
    Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 19, Female, Presenting Problem Since: 9 weeks, Symptom Behaviour: worse, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): night, knee seems irritated from walking during the day but has a delayed onset until i'm resting, can wake me up during the night., Aggravating Factors:: excessive walking and standing for long peroids of time, trying to extend and flex the knee joint past its current capability, Easing Factors:: pillow under the knee, Investigations: MRI & X-ray, possible bucket horn meniscal tear to Posterier Medial mensicus, partial ACL rupture, substantial femoral and tibial condyle bruising and lateral sublaxation of the patella., No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss

Knee Injury

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hiya guys,

Just a heads up for advice.
    I received my MRI results yesterday after a long term injury. (I first sustained it about 2/3 years ago, and then again in mid september AND again at the end of october)
    I never went and got myself any medical advice for the first time. Second time I went to my university sports therapy clinic and i tested positive for Mensical trauma via the Thessaly test.
    I ended up resting the whole injury from the time in September for 5 weeks, stood on the hockey pitch for the first time and came into contact with the hockey ball, hit it so hard i must've distributed my weight unevenly causing my leg to give way and only to be carted off in an ambulance.

3 Weeks after (now) I had my MRI results - no significant lateral meniscal damage (this is where I was having most pain) HOWEVER its a possiblity I sustained a bucket horn tear to the posterior medial meniscus along with a partial ACL rupture and sublaxation of my patella (laterally).

Doctor was really easing off the surgery for it and pushed me towards rehab for at least 2 months (UNLESS it wasnt improving then he would opt for keyhole to asses and then arethrescopy).. but after getting advice from my senior lecturers (Sports Physios) he thinks I should be pushing for keyhole& arthrescopy.

I'm now on a course of rehab for the ACL at my clinic.

I was wondering what you guys thought would be the best option as I've had this injury for 9 weeks, I haven't seen significant improvement - I walk with a really dramatic limp and have only been getting increased pain as it progresses.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I felt like my opinion when at the Docs in London wasn't heard enough and don't feel reassured that he was sure it was the right decision.

Thanks!