Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Patella Tendon rehabilitation

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    5 weeks ago I fully ruptured my Patella Tendon (left). Surgey took place 48 hours after the rupture.

I have a GII Brace with 15 degree increments of adjustment for angle. My Surgeon perscribed (at the end of week 2) bending the knee at 40 degrees (passivley - no load at all) and going up 10 degrees every week till the end of week 6, then walk without the brace (knee bent). Up to the end of week 6 I can only bear weight on it if it is locked straight (no load on the patella). Since the brace I got went in 15 degree incerments I started at 30 and have gone up to 45 and am now at 60.

I had the same injury on my right knee in 2002. Different rehab. I was out of town at the time so I did not have any fololw up visits with the Ortho. He perscribed 10 weeks in the "cast", no bending at all. That knee is pretty much healed up and I am able to do most everything I use to do.

BUT, I am looking for more information on rehab this time. Already I am way ahead of last time.

Any advise would be MUCH appreciated.