Current Location
    Gloucester
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

UK Private session rates

Hi,
    Just embarking on offering some private physiotherapy in the UK but am not sure what are reasonable hourly and half hourly session rates. Is there anyone who is willing to advise me on what is acceptable!? I have tried to contact a couple of local private practioners but have yet to receive a reply.
    I am 10 years qualified and shall be based in a physiotherapy department that I am able hire for the couple of hours a week that I have available.
    Thanks for your help!
    R

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: UK Private session rates

Hi,
    I am sure for a private session for an hour 20 pounds is resonable, that is irrespective for half hour, for over an hour another 10 pounds.
    I have told u my charges. advice me if iam wronge.

samstita,
    [email][email protected][/email]

The Physio Detective Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Penshurst, Sydney, Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,

1. are you good - like do you believe you offer a higher than average quality service?

If the answer is 'yes' then ring the local clinics and charge 5-10 quid more. You will lose the price shoppers (cheap customers who want a lot for the least amount of money) and you will gain those who appreciate quality.

If you feel you are average, then charge the average amount.

if you feel you aren't that good, then charge less.

I set up a small clinic once on a short-term basis. I did not advertise. I was in a Pilates studio. i charge roughly 40 quid (AUD80) for 30mins. I got busy because i was good at what i did.

Anyone can drop their prices (and customers don't complain) - try raising your prices and listen to the howls of complaints!

Go high my friend...even if you are a little quieter, the increased rate will cover that.

Also, don't fall into the trap of treating longer than your times state because the patients will expect it every time.

Good luck!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    EU
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Nice advice there, overshoot first then undershoot to hit the target... *sigh* world of advertising...

Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

we need to better at it.

What i would like to do is be as effective as the chiros at marketing but without some of the dependency that some promote...

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Gloucester
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thanks Alo, some good advice indeed - I think we as physios all 'think it' and 'want it' but never have the guts to price ourselves too highly and 'make it'.
    Because I am new to this whole private game I am happy to start with a middle-ish fee.
    I have sorted my business plan out and am hoping to submit it to the people I wish to rent the physiotherapy space from. My worries are that they will be charging me too much per hour to rent the space, but I think I shall start another thread for that one!!
    Heres hoping for some clients!!!!
    Cheer )

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Manchester
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Why not try calling other practices in the area and ask for their prices? I bet if you were calling as a potential patient, you would get a swift reply to your phone calls!!
    good luck!

Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

cool - good luck with that. Perhaps you could rent their rooms out on a per patient basis and give them a commission that is a little higher than the hourly rate of pay they are asking. That way they get paid if you get paid and will have a vested interest in helping you succeed... Then you can renegotiate at a later date to ensure you have a reasonable rent. Cost control is then better, especially when cash is king in these early days... Cheers

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

UK Private session rates this interesting topic,by the way i am new here in this forum how are you guys??

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by wriggly_b View Post
    Hi,
    Just embarking on offering some private physiotherapy in the UK but am not sure what are reasonable hourly and half hourly session rates. Is there anyone who is willing to advise me on what is acceptable!? I have tried to contact a couple of local private practioners but have yet to receive a reply.
    I am 10 years qualified and shall be based in a physiotherapy department that I am able hire for the couple of hours a week that I have available.
    Thanks for your help!
    R
    Really we are no different to hair dressers in this department. It depends on: you (your skills), what you offer, what you local market will be able to afford and your overheads. Physio First (old OCPPP) offer some stats on the countries average 30min and 60mins rates.

I would agree with others that if you are in fact treating for more than 30mins then you should charge for more than 30mins. Our sessions are £100 initial (60mins) and £80 (60 mins) one-to-one follow-ups. We also charge £55 for a 30min session but we are in central London with very high expenses. I know people in the same street charging over £200 per hr! and others locally charging less. It seems £40-£60 for 30mins and £80-£100 for an hour is typical in this area

Hope this helps

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter