Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    derbyshire
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 87, Female, No Investigations, No Diabetes, Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: the swelling is connected to heart megalopoly as far as I can discover

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Hip, Groin, Pelvis - Anterior - Right

bending after hip replacement

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    My mother has had a hip replacement (right hip) she normally wears pressure stockings due to swelling in her legs which are difficult to put on but she manages. Since having the operation she has been staying with us to recuperate and I have have putting on and removing the the very difficult white elastic stockings designed to prevent DVT. Soon she will be returning home, we do not live near, and she is very independent. The problem is that she has been told not to bend forward nor raise her knee but will need to put on her stockings . We would be grateful for any advice.